I’ve been on the island for 25 or 27 days. I can’t remember. The boat was supposed to be unbreakable they said. I packed two suitcases, and I grabbed the one with clothes and jumped into the life boat but the waves overturned that too, and I was alone in the stormy waves. No one was there and the sky was gray. I kept clinging onto my miraculously floating suitcase. I nibbled on the fruit snacks and sunflower seeds occasionally through the next 3 suns and moons. I saw a distant mound of land on the horizon and the ocean rocked me towards the bump in the endless blue. I got to the island and set up a branch house. I took an old big blanket and set it over the branch so it draped down on both sides creating a triangle sort of hidey hole. I stored my suitcase inside my makeshift roof, and set about looking for water and food. I found banana trees, and peeled off two. I went back to my suitcase and stored the bananas in the coolest spot. I searched for a water hole and found a small cave. I’ve been living off bananas and water for almost a month. Nobody’s coming. I’m going to die here.