This month I read Keeper of the Lost Cities Flashback by Shannon Messenger, the seventh book in a so far ten-book series. In this book, Sophie Foster is attacked at the beginning of the book, and has a very long recovery. The attack from her enemies, the Neverseen, inspires Sophie and all her friends to start training in their abilities harder than ever before, and even start training with real weapons. Just as soon as they feel confident, the Neverseen run laps around their ankles again, always 3 steps ahead. The so-called Vacker Legacy is revealed, to horrifying results.

I loved this book because a lot of questions were answered, and characters developed more. Sophie and Fitz finally admitted their feelings for each other, and their relationship is becoming much more confusing, but in a good way. My favorite character in this story was Tam. At the end of the book, he was faced with a decision. This decision would’ve affected everyone’s lives, and ended a few, but he chose the right thing, and saved more than just elf lives. He only had a couple of seconds to make a decision and he sacrificed himself to save others. My favorite quote in this book is “UGH— DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF RIGHT NOW?” Keene shouted. “HOW CAN YOU BE THIS CREEPY?” There’s not really any deep meaning behind why it’s my favorite, I just thought it was funny.

One thought on “Rad Reading November